CHARRED BROCCOLI & ANCHOVY
This is a brilliantly simple one pan dinner; but it does therefore demand the best ingredients.
Buy the best anchovies and oil you can afford and don't be shy with the Parmesan.
300g Tenderstem broccoli
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
5 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and roughly chopped
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Begin by heating a cast iron skillet over a medium flame. When it's hot add a glug olive oil and fry the tenderstem broccoli hard until it begins to char.
2. Remove from the heat and - moving quickly - add a splash of water to the pan followed by the lid. The broccoli will then cook in the steam created by the residual heat in the pan.
3. After a minute or two steaming return the skillet to a medium flame and remove the lid.
4. Once the pan is dry add a second glug of oil followed by the chopped garlic and chilli. Fry gently until fragrant.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the chopped anchovies, a squeeze of lemon and a tonne of grated Parmesan on top.